Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sound-Off: Black Women on Oprah's OWN Network

http://blackbusinessownership.com

via Essence on 1/4/11

Like literally one million other Americans, I spent a chunk of my New Year's day tuning in to the launch of Oprah Winfrey's new cable television network, OWN. For hours, my bestie and I Iaid in my living room glued to the flat screen. Somewhere after "Master Class" featuring Jay-Z (picture HBO's "The Black List" with an hour dedicated to each of your favorite subjects) and before the end of "All Access Pass: Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes," I had a revelation: "Not too many Black folks in the Oprah empire, huh?"... Here's what you had to say: Teri commented via Facebook: "She's been on TV for 25 years and has been very generous to many people... " April wrote via Facebook: "She has an obligation to keep being successful so the next black woman can follow..."

No comments:

Post a Comment